• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Selling Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold both my cars on eBay. Auctioned both with an optional Buy It Now price. Sold one on the buy it now & the other went well over the reserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      I wondered about this - if the man/woman from webuyanycar has actually turned up, it will presumably cost them money to leave empty handed so surely you could say you want the price quoted or the deal's off - you have little to lose surely?
      I think they post the cheque to you.

Actually a quick search of the web soon reveals that all is not rosy in places like WeBuyAnyCar.com Maybe if you have a car they can sell (small, eco-hatchback) then they are okay.
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
        Sold both my cars on eBay. Auctioned both with an optional Buy It Now price. Sold one on the buy it now & the other went well over the reserve.
        I've eBayed my past 3 motors.

Easy-peasy.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

My cars are often a bit special, so it is generally when they're doing a tour of the car shows when someone will come up and make an offer I find difficult to refuse.

Next level are those that ask the manufacturer and they put us in touch.

I've sold one where someone spotted me on the autobahn and followed me all the way to my next petrol stop to ask if they could buy it...

Which was a bit spooky, but nice.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            My cars are often a bit special, so it is generally when they're doing a tour of the car shows when someone will come up and make an offer I find difficult to refuse.

I've sold one where someone spotted me on the autobahn and followed me all the way to my next petrol stop to ask if they could buy it...

I wish I was you.
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

threaded,

great story

that one takes things to a new dimension

i wonder if those examples would happen to me with the Passat ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post

That happens to me but it's beautiful women begging me to sleep with them.

Honest.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Honest.
                  That happens to Threaded too but they're beautiful wives of diplomats.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Honest.
                    I've had the one where, waiting at the lights, a girl knocks on the window and asks me to marry them... (and I could tell she really meant it)
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

excellent

did she have big jugs ?

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X