• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where is the prime minister?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The past couple of days were Saturday and Sunday. I believe the House of Commons isn't open then.
    Good point. Perhaps he was painting his onsuite bathroom at No 10!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      The past couple of days were Saturday and Sunday. I believe the House of Commons isn't open then.
      Pettifogger

Today and Friday.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

He's probably busy trying to get his Mrs pregnant. Ideally with triplets. That'd show the country that he's more of a man than "Dave".

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Not that I'm missing him or anything but he's been remarkable absent from the house of commons in the past couple of days...
          He was giving a speech this morning about giving high speed internet access to all, or something like that.

http://www.number10.gov.uk/Page22896
          WARNING - The video clip on the page of Gordon Brown speaking plays automatically so you need to jump in quick if you don't want to hear it.

The speech took place somewhere in London, but I can't see anybody reporting where, or to whom, this speech was made.

EDIT: OK, if you can bear to listen to him then he starts his speech mentioning that he is at "the Hub", whatever that is.
          Last edited by Gonzo; 22 March 2010, 23:09.

Comment

We're at War

Our island is saddled with debt

Transport is grinding to a halt

and he's worried about the speed of our internet connection?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              We're at War

Our island is saddled with debt

Transport is grinding to a halt

and he's worried about the speed of our internet connection?

Presumably so he can start taxing our broadband connections ?
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                EDIT: OK, if you can bear to listen to him then he starts his speech mentioning that he is at "the Hub", whatever that is.
                I believe it is aka "the wrong end of the stick".

HTH
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                X