• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Food for a bumble bee?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    According to your "quote" (from I know not where) the bees turn nectar into honey in approx 1/2 hour...... ie "The bees then drop the honey into the beeswax comb" this is just total and absolute Tulip.....

If your definition of "vomit" is anything ejected from a body after being ingested then "to all intents and purposes" you are right..... however I always try to be a little more accurate to "to all intents and purposes"...

as a trite example "You eat Tulip"... because "to all intents and purposes" you eat stuff and then Tulip it...... personally I don't eat Tulip - I can distinguish between "Food" and "Tulip"

Also bees collect both nectar and pollen rather more than "in the spring"...
    Its not from Wiki, I can tell you that.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

.... anyway Cojak, how is your bee? Did he enjoy his bee-feast and fly off happily into the spring sunshine?

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        Its not from Wiki, I can tell you that.
        'Bee puke and other tulip, observations of a c untry gent' by J.R.Durbs?

Some other Bee facts from my book:

- Bees are the only furry insect that can be taught to fetch a stick (with the exception of the Carniolan honey bee, which cant find its own @rse with 5 hands)
        - Unique amongst insectum, Bees only have 5 true legs, the sixth being a stump with a whisk attachment.
        - When a Bee gets wet, it turns into 2 Bees.

Comment

Bumble bees are usually solitary, but some species form communities of up to 50 or so. Usually their nests are underground. Wasps and hornets are to be avoided if possible do to the repeat fire on their stings making them trigger happy. My father had a rather large wasp nest in a tree, the pest control guy told him the largest wasp nest he found was so big he couldnt get the nest into the back of his van in one piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Babbage View Post
            Bumble bees are usually solitary, but some species form communities of up to 50 or so. Usually their nests are underground. Wasps and hornets are to be avoided if possible do to the repeat fire on their stings making them trigger happy. My father had a rather large wasp nest in a tree, the pest control guy told him the largest wasp nest he found was so big he couldnt get the nest into the back of his van in one piece.
            I had a granny in the Luffwaffe who was excused night flying becuase she was colour blind in one eye.

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Working...
            X