• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No wonder IT has a bad reputation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    My current plan C involves helping small businesses negotiate IT services.

A client has bought "business" hosting with 1 & 1.
    I let 1 & 1 off with only a few unkind words when they lost all my emails while changing server, had no idea what was happening, then tried to blame me by saying that the clause that said that I had to read email at least once every 30 days really meant that I had to download and delete all emails every month or they were not responsible for any consequences whatever, even if I was within the quota.

Then when they failed to renew the prepaid registration for my main domain, <surname>.com, I reminded myself: Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I've had cheap hosting that wasn't nasty, but 1 & 1 wasn't it.

Comment

Working...
    X