• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I’ve got this Pheasant.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Mrs Lucifer and I enjoyed a brace of pheasant with a couple of friends last night. I prepared them Georgian style (casseroled in a mixture of orange juice, wine, walnuts, grapes and tea - scrummy)."

couldn't, "a mixture of orange juice, wine, walnuts, grapes and tea ", have been abbreviated to, last night's dish water ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by planetit
      Tea?

With milk and sugar?
      Oh yes. Green tea that is - makes a lovely addition to any casserole medium.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
        couldn't, "a mixture of orange juice, wine, walnuts, grapes and tea ", have been abbreviated to, last night's dish water ?

The fairy liquid gives the pheasant a bit of a acrid taste, don't you know.

Comment

Never cooked with Green Tea (although I drink it daily) - what do you do LB?
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
            Never cooked with Green Tea (although I drink it daily) - what do you do LB?
            Do you mean as a day job or with green tea?

Comment

Well, if you were a Cha Wallah I'd be most impressed!

No, what dishes have you cooked with green tea - I'm intrigued to learn more.

Comment

Off the top of my head, the aforemention pheasant casseroled in green tea (amongst other things). Lime mousse with green tea was an extremely scrummy desert I made once, a bit like a rich sorbet. Stir fried king prawns that I marinaded in some green tea, stock, soy sauce and sesame oil - that was lovely and is a recipe I got off a waiter in a restaurant in Chinatown. Ordinary tea, of course, has a long and distinguished place in cake making.

I'm going to try making my own butter next week. Apparently very easy and then I can use the buttermilk that comes off to make some sodabread.

Comment

Fantastic LB - I will definately try the marinade prawns this weekend. Let me know how you get on with your butter. Where do you get the "hopefully unpasteurised) raw milk from?

Comment

It was scrummy. I've found a link for a very similar recipe (I didn't actually add the tea leaves like this one does)...

Shrimp With Green Tea Leaves

As to the butter, I'm going to use organic cream rather than milk. Unpasteurised milk is as hard to come by as rocking horse sh1t unless you work in the cheese industry.
                    Last edited by Lucifer Box; 6 January 2006, 16:14.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                      Planet IT,

road kill does not necessarily mean schnitzel, if it does then best to leave the bird, but with some practice, skill and judgement, you should be able to line up the bird with the middle of the car and therefore not run over it with the wheels

Milan.
                      and:

a) watch pieces of your front number plate bouncing off the road through your mirrors.

b) by the time you have retrieved enough of the number plate to make the car look legal, the pheasant has regained conciousness and limped off through a barbed wire fence.

c) on the country road which has only about 10 cars per hour at that time of day, all 20 of them have stopped to laugh their socks off at you and wish you better luck next time.
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X