• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Halifax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ivor Bigun View Post
    Various reasons - take your pick!

- Agent bod likes your rival (wants to bed / best friend or "family")

- Agent bods prefer to "non-place" experienced people - brings then down "a peg or 2" - There's no loss really - they know too much and want too much mullah- Agent knows it hurts and secretly laughs as you're blackballed while alternative candidate pays for skiing holiday.

- Someone else gets it because they've just done the skill set - whereas you did it last year (so doesn't count).

- Not the right age profile (TRAP) - Generation problems with subordinates or superiors

- Too close to client (agent knows you will try direct or perm)

- Asking too much
    The point being that the AGENT rejects you and not the client - probably never saw your C.V.

In the current market, if you apply for a role on Jobserve, you're already too late. You C.V. is winging it's way to the holding file (bin). Keeps you out of contention while the agent bod sweet talks you. "Oh, Don't know why the client didn't want to go forward?" *Snicker*

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      HBOS did have a reputation for binning your application if submitted by 2 agents. Happened to me once but they were different jobs with different job refs.

The tulip hit the fan when the first agent demanded to know what I was doing! Applying for jobs I said. 'Yeah but you've been submitted for the same job twice' they said.

No I hadnt I retorted and asked them to confirm the job ref they gave me which they did. So I quoted a completely different job ref the second agent gave me.

Eventually, the second agent withdrew their application for me and sent a grovelling explanation about the situation. I suspect either the first agent also withdrew me without telling me or HBOS binned my app altogether.

However, because the first agent who contacted me about these HBOS roles over 2 weeks ago hadnt heard anything, another agent contacted me about Lloyds jobs. Turns out these are in fact Halifax roles too also based in Halifax (unsurprisingly!).

Agent sent me a Lloyds \ HBOS form to complete which states on the bottom

'The candidate CV will not be forwarded to any other Lloyds Banking Group roles, via Group Change Management for a period of three days. Thereafter, if Group Change Management has received no feedback, the candidate may be considered for other roles.'

So it seems as if you are no longer automatically binned for making more than one application via different agents where the jobs are different.
      No fear of this - I strongly believe that the agent binned my CV immediately because they already had a candidate put forward to the client. I don't think the client knew I existed...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
      X