• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy St Patricks Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Ze vithered arm puts people off.

Zat and cries of "Heng ze Kaiser".

ftfy
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Manchester is bad enough - it's seems every Plastic Paddy within a 50 mile radius is here.

Not sure Dublin would be that great an idea - if you are in town, it's full of foreigners celebrating as opposed to locals. If you wanted an authentic piss up - you'd be better off down the country or down west.
      All the yanks go to Galway now

Might explain why I haven't been "home" for paddys day in 17 years. (and the fact that vermin air charge you an arm and a leg to get there around that date, I need both arms and both legs thank you very much)
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I'm sure a lot of the pubs have closed down.

The two nearest where I live went recently, though one may be resurrected.
        It's been a few years but there was one place we used to go to that had a darts area out the back and was very much an old mans pub.

Doesn't help that my mate I used to visit now lives in Northampton
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I am yet to acquire a taste for Guinness despite trying several times
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            I find if I'm hungover, it settles my stomach but, it's not my fave.
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              I find if I'm hungover, it settles my stomach but, it's not my fave.
              Sushi!

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                I'm on half a pint a day right now to help get some iron back into my blood.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                X