• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy St Patricks Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Ma O'Tsetung - Probably...
    Sounds Irish enough to me.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Sounds Irish enough to me.
      You may have a point there!

Originally posted by Tommy Cooper
      Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my younger brother Ho-Cha-Chu. But I think it's Colin.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I wouldn't be so sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Or my younger brother O' Cha-Chu.
          Well he's obviously an Irishman.

Comment

No snakes after the midlandian ice age?, was that before or after the east anglian one
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              No snakes after the midlandian ice age?, was that before or after the east anglian one
              After;

Irish geologists, geographers and archaeologists refer to the Midlandian glaciation as its effects in Ireland are largely visible in the Irish midlands.

The effects of this glaciation can be seen in many geological features of England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. Its deposits have been found overlying material from the preceding Ipswichian Stage and lying beneath those from the following Flandrian stage of the Holocene.

Comment

I now understand why some idiot dressed as a leprechaun was stumbling around blind drunk in Rembrandtplein half an hour ago(probably an American).
                It wasn't me.

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                Saw cans of Guinness in Tesco earlier - brewed in Nigeria

WTF is that about?
                Ignore the cans and seek out the bottles. Nigerian Guinness is a cracking drink. Do a search on CUK for it and you'll get my previous explanations & descriptions.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Do they bedeck Dublin pubs with red and white on April 23rd each year? I very much doubt it.

Apart from the obvious; an excuse for getting totally bladdered, why do the English make such a big deal about St. Patricks Day?

< waits for some predictable idiot to miss the point and start banging on about St. George really be a Turk, or some such. >
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                    Do they bedeck Dublin pubs with red and white on April 23rd each year? I very much doubt it.

Apart from the obvious; an excuse for getting totally bladdered, why do the English make such a big deal about St. Patricks Day?

< waits for some predictable idiot to miss the point and start banging on about St. George really be a Turk, or some such. >
                    I agree - don't mind the Irish pubs making a big deal of it but don't get the plastic paddy's at all.

What is a shame though is that the English don't seem to be able to celebrate St Georges Day Ye should have a bigger sense of National Pride, IMO but it seems the flag and stuff has been so hijacked by the hooligans, it's like ye aren't allowed to reclaim it - As I said, shame
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post

< waits for some predictable idiot to miss the point and start banging on about St. George really be a Turk, or some such.
                      Because St Patrick was English?

Comment

Working...
                      X