• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Laptop Mk2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Laptop Mk2

Now that Milan has got his new laptop sorted (well sort of!!) I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on the best "sub" notebook...

I am thinking along the lines of the 11 - 12 inch screen ones (dell, sony etc) , I mainly want it for e-mailing, word etc, but preferably with enough power to do a bit of development if needed..

So does anyone have any experience of these?? good or bad... comments appreciated

How many times must we go through this? Real contractors buy Vaio.

Comment

I would NOT buy a Viao. Sony products infect ones system.

Before anyone says "Oh that'd be Sony BMG with their CDs" do please remember that Sony was caught selling similarly naughty Viaos previously.

My opinion is it is institutional, so I would recommend a big AVOID if it has a Sony label on it.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Lightest, slimmest, best looking (imho) 'sub-notebook' there is. Though find the screen too small for me (getting old and all that). Even more so ones like the Sony TR series which only have a 10.x sized screen.

Why not go for something bigger, as everyone knows it's the size that counts...

"Now that Milan has got his new laptop sorted"

Really!!, I've been praying since before Xmas that he would finally get what he deserves...

Comment

Working...
        X