• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flounce by sasguru

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I'd heard sas had formed a breakaway board and was PMing posters to join him. Hence no Dim,oracle,xen et al
    Good luck to the mods...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I'd heard sas had formed a breakaway board and was PMing posters to join him. Hence no Dim,oracle,xen et al
      As long as they have inline images - I'm in
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        All we have to go on are the current T&Cs. Either they apply, or they don't. Just because they are in need of an overhaul, should not render the current terms and conditions irrelevant - or does it?

I don't think it's silly to ask for clarification of whether the rules apply or not. FWIW, I don't believe that the rules need to be changed.
        FaQQer, I think you should give it a rest for the sake of your sanity.

I can see that you are going to be one of those people that end up falling off a cliff because you wanted to know exactly how close to the edge you could safely get.

It is all about people and not machines. People do not fit into exact rules and behaviours.

For example, one poster received a temp ban for his repeated use of a certain word. It was not the word on its own that was the issue.

I am confident that I could regale you all with a tale of me visiting great aunt Annie in the Surrey village of iamaprat, without any fear of incurring an infraction. The poster that received the ban repeatedly used the same word in coloured letters, in a large font size, despite being told not to. It wasn't a particular colour or font size that makes the difference between acceptable and unacceptable, it was his behaviour.

I think he is over it now.

EDIT - Damn profanity filter, you get the point though.
        Last edited by Gonzo; 16 March 2010, 20:19. Reason: Profanity filter defeated my point.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post

I can see that you are going to be one of those people that end up falling off a cliff because you wanted to know exactly how close to the edge you could safely get.

It is all about people and not machines. People do not fit into exact rules and behaviours.

For example, one poster received a temp ban for his repeated use of a certain word. It was not the word on its own that was the issue.

I am confident that I could regale you all with a tale of me visiting great aunt Annie in the Surrey village of iamaprat, without any fear of incurring an infraction. The poster that received the ban repeatedly used the same word in coloured letters, in a large font size, despite being told not to. It wasn't a particular colour or font size that makes the difference between acceptable and unacceptable, it was his behaviour.

IT people (the idiot savants ) don't have people skills
          they see a truth table of rules to follow
          I agree with everything you said, but geek pedants are the worst kind
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post

Good post.

But sadly this can all be used as a cop out for not punishing the infractions of your mates and having a plausible excuse.

I have reported 2 posts now which clearly break the T&C's, nothing has happened to those posts at all. I challenge anyone to show me how the posts I reprted didnt break the T&C's in fact I dont even want to quote them as I would likely get in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
              Good post.

But sadly this can all be used as a cop out for not punishing the infractions of your mates and having a plausible excuse.

I have reported 2 posts now which clearly break the T&C's, nothing has happened to those posts at all. I challenge anyone to show me how the posts I reprted didnt break the T&C's in fact I dont even want to quote them as I would likely get in trouble.
              see post 24

HTH
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
              X