• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who are the smartest people in IT?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the users would come up with a different set of options when they saw the results.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

End users?

Where's BP when we need him?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        In an ideal world the poll would have been vote for anyone but your own kind, but the testers would have found that difficult to understand and the developers would have just ignored the poll specification.
        Erm, I wouldn't even pretend to be among the smartest in IT, but there must be some value in being able to earn a pound a minute while being a bit dim.

No, I didn't vote for testers.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Smartest = brainiest or smartest = paid most to do least?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
            Smartest = brainiest or smartest = paid most to do least?
            Former.

Comment

I would have expected SAS and threaded to be options by themselves.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Former.
                smartest as in best dressed would be better.

Comment

PMs get paid lots for having no useful skillls, not contributing much of anything, taking credit for other people's work, and doing very little. And all they need to do to get on this gravy train is pay for a course in PRINZEY7, or some such silly acronym.

Sounds pretty smart to me. Which I'd thought of it. Damn this being good at things and doing useful work for clients.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    PMs get paid lots for having no useful skillls, not contributing much of anything, taking credit for other people's work, and doing very little. And all they need to do to get on this gravy train is pay for a course in PRINZEY7, or some such silly acronym.
                    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

not mods
                      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                      X