• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ive been on here for months now, yet I dont feel like part of the gang

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Just got lots of hits, Seattle, Riyadh, Lymington, Manchester, Camberley...
    The chances are that thats me.... but its several hundred miles away.....

by that reckoning Camberley is Mich in Holland......

also I couldn't get to the piccis - I got a pish off error.....

Comment

Just got lots of hits, Seattle, Riyadh, Lymington, Manchester, Camberley...
      But your gallery is throwing a 404.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        The chances are that thats me.... but its several hundred miles away.....

by that reckoning Camberley is Mich in Holland......
        Mine's not quite right either, but it's only a few tens of kilometers out and does represent where my ISP is.

also I couldn't get to the piccis - I got a pish off error.....
        Put a bit more eloquently than my effort

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          Gutted - we can't make it...

Someone have a pint or 3 for me!!
          So vote "No" then.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

You don't feel part of the gang.....
            a) You are not - go away..... or
            b) There is no Gang - its everyone for him/herself.... or
            c) Ever wondered if its you?......... or
            d) FFS What is it with you... do you need you *rse wiping as well...... or
            e) Keep on going and you will either
            i. Feel like you fit in
            ii. Stop giving a Tulip
            or
            More seriously - Stop jumping between "Stalker", "Stroppy Git" and "Lonely hard done by outsider"

Just be yourself - and you will get there......... just stop trying so hard....

Good post. I think he'll settle down with some careful pummelling.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
              But your gallery is throwing a 404.
              I pulled the gallery some time ago but haven't taken the link off yet. Too many hacking attempts at Coppermine.

The pics on the front page are the only ones available for the moment.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                The Premier Inn at County Hall is quite reasonable for somewhere so central. It's about ten minutes' pleasant stroll over the Charing Cross pedestrian bridge to the pub, and handy for most of the areas you're likely to want to visit over a weekend whether on foot or by Tube (a couple of minutes' walk to Waterloo, or five minutes over the road bridge to Westminster).

EDIT: although if you fancy splashing out, there's the Charing Cross Hotel - the mob from Opera Software were staying there last year, and I ended up sat in the bar with them until about three in the morning. Very swish
                The Charing Cross is only £34 more expensive than the Premier Inn, FWIW.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I pulled the gallery some time ago but haven't taken the link off yet. Too many hacking attempts at Coppermine.
                  Understood. I pulled a load of pictures myself last year because they were getting hammered by Russians (who couldn't have possibly had any interest in the site content as it is a local interest site).

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    The Charing Cross.....
                    You know how many hotel rooms look the same? I am sure that I have never stayed there, but the room in the picture on the website looks so familiar!
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I am liking how NBNOTM25's thread has been hijacked by the gang.
                      Last edited by MaryPoppins; 10 March 2010, 21:30. Reason: Spelt his stupid name wrong
                      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X