• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last night BBC2; How safe are our skies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Why not make them all wear orange jumpsuits and hoods and chain their arms and legs together?
    I hope no one from RyanAir is reading this.

Comment

Why not make them all wear orange jumpsuits and hoods and chain their arms and legs together?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I hope no one from RyanAir is reading this.

wearing your own clothes on the flight £10
        Not being chained to the floor £15
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

They could just ban hand lugguage, purses, etc, unless you are willing to have it forensically examined for a small fee.

Comment

They could just ban flying. That would probably sort out global warming as well.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncontrolled_decompression

mmmm sounds like fun!

Comment

They could just ban flying. That would probably sort out global warming as well.
                The way carbon footprints are calculated are bollox.
                The facts are:-
                (new) Aircraft are in fact very efficient and per passenger mile more efficient than a single person in a most motorcars.

A motorcar with a driver and a passenger is more efficient than a bus.

A car with just a driver is more efficient than a train with only 25% full.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

On a more serious note:

I recently flew back from Rome and was horrified that security found a camping knife in my rucksack, after a few apologies and leaving the knife behind I was allowed to proceed. BUT why wasn't it found at EMA when I flew out.

BTW I left it in by accident in one those secret hard to find pockets.
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                    Decompression incidents are not uncommon on military and civilian aircraft (approximately 40–50 rapid decompression events worldwide annually[17]), however in the majority of cases, the problem is relatively manageable for aircrew.[11] Consequently where passengers and the aircraft do not suffer any ill-effects, the incidents tend not to be notable.[11] Injuries resulting from decompression incidents are rare.[11]
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

One of these nutty, islamic jihad types only needs to get lucky once to blow 200 - 300 people out of the sky.
                      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                      X