• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Brrrrr Warming affecting shipping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Scotland is actually rising, while England sinks...probally as a result of all those Scots moving South to end civilisation
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    FTFY
    Fixed your fix

when we stop having to bail out scottish banks you can have your fix back
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
      Morner could, in his prime, which was arguably when he was president of INQUA Commission on Sea Level Change, have made a legitimate claim to be one of the world's foremost experts on sea level, however he is now retired and as PIB points out, INQUA have had to clarify that he no longer speaks for them and his views are at odd with theirs, and indeed with those of the vast majority of scientists.
      In his retirement, he seems to fulfil the public stereotype of the eccentric scientist pretty well, spending his spare time out with his dowsing rods
      Hopefully no one ever comes up with a carbon neutral way of burning people at the stake
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Morner is eccentric.....but is his viewpoint incorrect?

most certainly not

doesn't look to me like the accelerating sea level rises.

Of course you draw a thick black line to "hide the flattening" but it is pretty self evident.

Still we'll see.
        Last edited by BlasterBates; 5 March 2010, 16:26.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          you are missing the scientific point. If there is more water in the sea, ipso facto, there must be less in my beer.
          So how much beer do we have to drink to get sea levels back to normal, and how many man-hours drinking? Will having more icecubes in cocktails help counter the shrinking icecaps and how many polar bears will be saved?

Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Working...
          X