• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I want to join the masons...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    What's so special about the Black Ball?

Something like 12 lodges? You don't know how many you belong to?
    I think it's 13 actually, I forgot the Red Cross of Constantine. I'm also joining another one next month

Comment

All this talk of balls is making mine itch.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Dodd View Post
        In some Masons' lodges, a black cube is used instead of a black ball so that a black ball can be differentiated from a dirty white ball, as the lighting in the meeting hall is very dim during voting.

Yes?
        Makes sense. Some of the white balls are usually pretty grubby Never seen that though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Dodd View Post
          In some Masons' lodges, a black cube is used instead of a black ball so that a black ball can be differentiated from a dirty white ball, as the lighting in the meeting hall is very dim during voting.

Yes?
          It's so they can be distinguished when they're taken out of the bag before the ballot. We are instructed to take one of each.

Comment

It's so they can be distinguished when they're taken out of the bag before the ballot. We are instructed to take one of each.
            I've never seen or heard of that before. All the masons that I know have round balls. Often there are no black balls at all

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
              I've never seen or heard of that before. All the masons that I know have round balls. Often there are no black balls at all
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                See what you're missing?

Comment

See what you're missing?
                  Indeed.

A veritable ball fest.

Comment

Makes sense. Some of the white balls are usually pretty grubby Never seen that though.
                    Why would they get grubby?

Comment

Why would they get grubby?

Comment

Working...
                      X