• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should Menelaus still be around here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boys, boys. Noooooo.
    Talk to each other by all means, but don't beat each other up over this. It's really not worth it.
    Peace
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

He must be mad to post here using his last known CUK identity. Why didn't he create a new one? Um, hang on...

Tricky one, but as he has been judged by the law, found guilty and served his punishment, I'd give it the benefit of the doubt, though I am doubtful about likely long-term reform.

Are we judging him for what he has done here or what he has done on the outside?

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        PM'd you with my phone number, looking forward to a voice chat
        done

bloody nice chap

eyeball in the near future should you be near Luton (its nice honestly) or I be up in the tartan hills
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Don't ban him.

But don't lend him money, introduce him to your missus, or let him perform 1st aid on you.

Simples...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            It's not 'allegedly', it's fact.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/membe...theaurora.html

To clarify my position (not that people should care). I don't think he should be banned just to turn up under another name.

I'm just amazed at the gaul. I am also amazed there's no thread containing the word 'sorry' after people gave money.
            I thought Menelaus was Spartan rather than French?
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

When he was CTA, I believed that he was going on his trip to the North Pole.

I donated money.

I think that I got the money back - I never checked, because even if I didn't, the money still went to the charities. Am I that bothered - no.

I didn't realise that CTA and Menelaus were the same poster. To be honest, I can't really remember reading much of his posts. I certainly didn't look at his posts and think "WTF is this **** posting about?" as I do for certain esteemed members of the forum.

I'm really not fussed whether he posts here or not, to be honest. I certainly don't think that he should be banned - CTA hasn't been banned, so why bother banning Menelaus? The difference between Craig and other members on the forum is that he was caught for being a bit of a fantasist, whereas others are still at large.

There are other members of the forum that I would rather see banned than him. And who are we to judge? Let he who is without sin etc.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Not sure about this but it certainly makes life more interesting.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  "Interests: Climbing, running, getting divorced, avoiding polar bears"

It would have been seriously funny if it wasn't someone from this forum...
                  We're talking about threaded again aren't we!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Is Menelaus posting on here from jail ? isn't that banned ?

I remember his 'wife' posted on here asking questions and making a statement, it was surreal.

STOP THE PRESS: Just read he's out of jail. Is that British justice in action ? wasn't he a serial fraudster ?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                      He must be mad to post here ..

Tricky one, but as he has been judged by the law, found guilty and served his punishment, I'd give it the benefit of the doubt..

Are we judging him for what he has done here or what he has done on the outside?
                      Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      Don't ban him.

But don't lend him money, introduce him to your missus, or let him perform 1st aid on you.

Simples...
                      WTS, this to me seems some sort of postponed witch hunt.. we all know that Chasing the Aurura and Menaulaus are the same. Yes, I agree, some donated money to a Charity in the belief it was being spent to fund his trip and I can see why that can cause embarrassment that those who did were duped but unless something new has materialised in the last 24hrs that I'm unaware of then I agree with Timberwolf, the guy has been judged in a court, he has served his time, it seems that it is an illness and not personal malice that is the root cause of this and as Admin has said previously that they have no reason to ban him as he hasn't actually done anything that breaks forum rules.

I'd personally say that if you feel so strongly about your feelings towards him then that's what the Ignore function is for, we know that he is not alone in the fact of spending time at Her Majestys Pleasure so other than the need to create a witch hunt, what makes him different from many others on here??

In short, give the guy a break. He's done nothing wrong (that I'm aware of) that he hasn't served his punishment for..

Chef
                      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                      X