• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the recession over?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Not me for sure.
    But are you wealthy, overseas or a buyer?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I'm getting a very smug feeling reading this thread and realising how many good decisons I've made over the years.
      Have a good gloat and a bit of a sneer too.

Comment

This recession will get a lot more worse when

1) Government cannot borrow anymore since the credit card is maxed out.
        2) Pound sterling loses considerable value.
        3) Hyperinflation due to 2)
        4) Public sector employees are laid off en masse and are unable to get a job in private sector.
        5) Private sector companies leeching off government contracts go bust.
        6) House prices fall by 50%

So who will get out of this alive?

1) People who have no debt and massive savings.
        2) People who have invested in USD and gold.
        3) People who are employed in sectors like technology and manufacturing selling products overseas.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

3) People who are employed in sectors like technology and manufacturing selling products overseas.
          1) have already been roasted on a spit, earning negative interest in the bank and seeing the Pound debased.
          2) Me, but a bit late in the day.
          3) Yeah, people that keep their highly paid jobs will do well out of the recession, e.g. doctors.

Comment

4) People with a mortgage & a job to service it.

Won't hyper inflation **** over people with savings & no debt?
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Permission to enter smug mode sir?

Comment

4) Public sector employees are laid off en masse and are unable to get a job in private sector.

People with lots of sterling denominated debt will benefit as the debt is devalued.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

That is inconsistant with 2/3 above.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                      That is inconsistant with 2/3 above.
                      A very good point.

However, hyperinflation will probably not hit with a bang.

I am suggesting that there will be enough time to move your money into USD/Euro when the tulip hits the fan. You then have enough hard currency to buy goods.

If you have no currency you are now probably having just assets to sell to survive.

Mind you, when hyperinflation hits, everything will be traded in alternative currency, USD/Euro/Gold.
                      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                      X