• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the recession over?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see it is asking prices that have risen £16K in London.

Laaandoners - Walty Mitty types the lot of 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I see it is asking prices that have risen £16K in London.

Laaandoners - Sasguru types the lot of 'em.
      FTFY
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Is that risen £16K in certain parts of London? I live in London and the market's still generally speaking flat albeit "flat" in London might look intensely-volatile when compared with other parts of the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          House prices in prime London locations rise by £16,000 per month.
          Yeah, right.

The market for these properties are overseas buyers. Now go and price these assets in EUR or USD and have a think.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

How many wealthy overseas buyers are in the market for a bedsit above a kebab shop in a rough part of London?

Comment

How many wealthy overseas buyers are in the market for a bedsit above a kebab shop in a rough part of London?
              What's that got to do with house prices in prime London locations?

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                Yeah, right.

The market for these properties are overseas buyers. Now go and price these assets in EUR or USD and have a think.
                100% FACT: when in Honkers in 2008 was sitting having breakfast reading the South China Morning Post and saw a new build block of flats being sold to Chinese investors, 0.75 miles along the road from me in Greenwich

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                  What's that got to do with house prices in prime London locations?
                  Exactly. sasguru, take note.

Comment

I'm getting a very smug feeling reading this thread and realising how many good decisons I've made over the years.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Not me for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X