• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why Chico will not go to heaven ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fungus
    He's lost his faith and by now is pissed our of his box, trawling the local knocking shops for a decent legover ...

Fungus
    He he. I can just picture it ....
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Ive noticed that if you use non standard stuff , he gets all huffy then a few weeks later he uses exactly the same technique back at others.

I spent a couple of posts calling him 'o evil one' last summer . he didnt like like it but I found him calling a poster it last week

how old is he ?
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
        I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. (Matthew 19:24.)

By the standards of most of humanity, we are incredibly rich, hence heaven is barred to us. That includes you, Chico.

We're all doomed I tell yer ...
        Are you doing this on purpose?

Why not leave Chico alone to what you feel are his delusions. He's not hurting you directly, in fact it appears that he thinks he's trying to save you in his own way. Let the man live his own way. We all live by some sort of code, why not leave Chico to his? If what he says doesn't agree with you just ignore him, resist the temptation to respond!

TGAOTU .

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus
          I'll save Chico the trouble of embarrassing himself by pointing out that most wealthy fundamentalist Christians now maintain that Jesus was only talking metaphorically and when he said "eye of a needle" he was referring to a small gate in the walls of Jerusalem through which you could only pass a camel by taking off some of its bulkier luggage. Therefore stinking rich people can go to heaven as long as they toss a few scraps in the poor box.

Obvious really, when you think about it. As with most similar things, it's not do as I do, it's do as I say.
          It's a mistranslation of the original New Testament Greek -"kamelos" was the word for a camel, and "kamilos" meant "rope". Jesus was comically comparing the difficulty of rich people getting into Heaven with that of trying to thread a rope through the eye of a needle; but Christians are understandably a bit reticent about highlighting imperfections of translation and interpretation in what is supposed to be the word of God.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

tgaotu

yes , you are indeed a nice and kind person.

why do some people feel the need to answer,flame,wind up, argue with, ridicule people with delusions, such as Chico.

Its strange because we encourage these delusions in our kids and grandkids. We hate it when someone tells our kids that santa doesnt exist.

I think we despise people like Chico because we are the generation that makes the decisions and implement things. We are the doers and we have left the dreamy days behind (for a while).
            We use a set of rules , called reason and we are judged by results, we know that if people start from a weird position and dont use reason then there will be disaster and we wont get results. We see the disaster in the third world and we dont understand it, we see the disaster in religion and we dont understand it.

we KNOW that if it is given to us to solve we will solve it, because we have a track record. we know the method works.

so why do these idiots resort to believing in delusions ?? **** me tgaotu I dont know

we just dont understand it. do we ?
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
              tgaotu

yes , you are indeed a nice and kind person.

we just dont understand it. do we ?
              Said one self styled atheist to another.
              Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

at least there are people who think.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                X