• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shaving Oil

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    you called the fuzz last time
    <Groan>
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      <Groan>
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Try hair conditioner - it's much more soothing for shaving.
        A good preventative against hair lice as apparently they can't get a grip as your hair is too silky. The things you hear on the radio nowadays.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Hum, no idea - no use to me now anyway as I gritted my teeth and ripped it off (along with most of my skin), and never intend to put myself through that again.
          Maybe the myxomatosis look will be in this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Tony View Post
            I recommend soaps and creams from Trumpers and Truefitt and Hill. Crabtree and Evelyn used to do fantastic soaps and creams but I have found their range has been pretty poor for the last 4 years.

http://www.trumpers.com/
            http://www.truefittandhill.co.uk/
            I've been using using Truefitt and Hill shaving cream for the last 5 years with a badger hair brush and the old saftey razor. Best way to go imho and a tub of the T&H shaving cream lasts me 6 months, not cheap tho, about £15 a tub. You can get shaving cream for £7 and Taylor of old Bond Street is good at that price.

I would never go back to using shaving gel and these overly prices ray gun looking razors with 20 odd blades on them where the refills cost you a testicle. No wonder they are tagged in the shops as they were one of the most stolen products ever.

Comment

i gave up all that creams / gel / foam palavar a long time ago - just wet shave in the shower.

Comment

MrsB doesnt like hairy backs, and mine finally ( after 40 years! ) reached the "euugh, your not coming near me like that" stage. Stupidly I allowed her to shave it in the shower with a wet razor. It wasn't cave man hairy, more patchy on the shoulders and thicker and fluffier at the small of my back.

The itching drove me insane for weeks afterwards.

It's starting to get longer again now and she was looking for a razor the other day
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I've begun to notice hair at the top of my back (not to mention in the palms of my hands) - on the basis of this thread I'd certainly not be waxing it!

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                    I've begun to notice hair at the top of my back (not to mention in the palms of my hands) - on the basis of this thread I'd certainly not be waxing it!
                    I wax my best (male) mate's back regularly and he seems unfazed, very satisfying it is too.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I wax my best (male) mate's back regularly and he seems unfazed, very satisfying it is too.

does he have a cheese grater nearby ?

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X