• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The CUK Group on LinkedIn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    Today we bake, tomorrow we brew ....

Have I got the wrong end of the stick with this game?

I know who it is, but I will not out anyone that posts on here.
    It's not that. The LinkedIn CUK group asks for the person requesting to PM the CUK member. If you don't know who the CUK member is, what's the freaking point???
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      It's not that. The LinkedIn CUK group asks for the person requesting to PM the CUK member. If you don't know who the CUK member is, what's the freaking point???
      The CUK member has not logged on to the site since 31st March although I don't know how much urgency is needed for operating the LinkedIn group.

Comment

They've been on Linked recently and I've been in touch with them.

Though I don't understand what the panic is about.

There are a few who are members here who are on the linkedin group and there are those who view it as a professional contractors group for linkedin and don't realise there is a link with here.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          The CUK member has not logged on to the site since 31st March although I don't know how much urgency is needed for operating the LinkedIn group.
          There isnt any urgency whatsoever FFS.

The thread doesnt give an indication of urgency apart from Drewster set a deadline of one month to work it out, and I love a deadline.

As it happens, I've already decided that the CUK LinkedIN group is a ******* waste of time anyway. The fact over the years that posting a sure fire contract on the Business board gets you no reaction, I doubt using a CUK LinkedIn group of benched contractors is going to be any better.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The thread doesnt give an indication of urgency apart from Drewster set a deadline of one month to work it out, and I love a deadline.

As it happens, I've already decided that the CUK LinkedIN group is a ******* waste of time anyway. The fact over the years that posting a sure fire contract on the Business board gets you no reaction, I doubt using a CUK LinkedIn group of benched contractors is going to be any better.
            When I thought of joining the LinkedIn group - I thought exactly the same thing... ie HTF can I PM someone when I don't know "who" they are....

Then I decided that it was the initiative test... If you can't figure out who to PM then you can't join.... I must be honest it took me less time to establish a pretty short short-list than and obtain a positive response from a PM than it appears to be taking you MF.... but as you appear to consider a deadline of a month a "challenge" I'll leave you to it......

Although (heavy hint) you could always do what several others have done and PM me to ask...... I might even tell you.....

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
              OK OK - there are probably several more....... cos it's not SA
              Now you mention it, SA was an instigator in a Facebook CUK group.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Post a thread, get 'em to change it to suite you! You've tried and failed here, maybe on LinkedIn you'll be more successful.

Comment

WTF, I'm already a member and I have no clue who it is that I PM'd or even when I joined

mental note, never go on t'internet after going to the pub

EDIT: AND i've managed to cover my tracks and deleted any trace of a sent PM, Drunk Me obviously likes to play tricks on sober me
                  Last edited by chef; 8 April 2010, 12:05.
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    WTF, I'm already a member and I have no clue who it is that I PM'd or even when I joined

mental note, never go on t'internet after going to the pub
                    That's going to make for some dull evenings on here if it's mandatory!

Comment

Is it just me, but I get really REALLY annoyed with agents who try to link to me on LinkedIn. They see it only as a way of getting more leads and I have NEVER had any work come my way as a result of allowing an agent to view my profile.

Comment

Working...
                      X