• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Test drove a Jag XF this w/e - better than the German competition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Well I don't know about long term reliability - but the interior and ride are far better than the equivalent BMW. Build quality seems good too. Looks far better than Teutons.
    I really do think this Jag is a step change and this series of Jags is the best ever.
    What is the equivalent? Did you drive the 3.0 V6 or 5.0 V8? Either way my beemer is frugaller (sp?), faster, more power, better emissions, cost a bit more though but is much better looking (I think the XF is an ugly car, YMMV.) The new version, which you can see in Geneva, and comes out in October is even better...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

sasguru makes me laugh.

He bangs on constantly about Japanese reliability (and there is no doubt the Japs make the most reliable cars in the world) and then talks about buying an Indian Jaguar.

Got to love his "logic" in making decisions.

Bless 'im.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        What is the equivalent? Did you drive the 3.0 V6 or 5.0 V8? Either way my beemer is frugaller (sp?), faster, more power, better emissions, cost a bit more though but is much better looking (I think the XF is an ugly car, YMMV.) The new version, which you can see in Geneva, and comes out in October is even better...
        Just keep on chanting that mantra - you must believe at all cost Deutschland Uber Alles

Comment

Have you sold your Aygo or something?

Comment

The XF's a good car. Had a look at a new model before I went for the bimmer convertible.

In the end, there was no competition, the XF just wouldnt put the same smile on my face when driving it.

Not convinced as to reliability of the XF though plus it is a big car, bigger than I need.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
            X