• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Test drove a Jag XF this w/e - better than the German competition"

Collapse

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    The XF's a good car. Had a look at a new model before I went for the bimmer convertible.

In the end, there was no competition, the XF just wouldnt put the same smile on my face when driving it.

Not convinced as to reliability of the XF though plus it is a big car, bigger than I need.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Have you sold your Aygo or something?

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    What is the equivalent? Did you drive the 3.0 V6 or 5.0 V8? Either way my beemer is frugaller (sp?), faster, more power, better emissions, cost a bit more though but is much better looking (I think the XF is an ugly car, YMMV.) The new version, which you can see in Geneva, and comes out in October is even better...
    Just keep on chanting that mantra - you must believe at all cost Deutschland Uber Alles

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    sasguru makes me laugh.

He bangs on constantly about Japanese reliability (and there is no doubt the Japs make the most reliable cars in the world) and then talks about buying an Indian Jaguar.

Got to love his "logic" in making decisions.

Bless 'im.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Well I don't know about long term reliability - but the interior and ride are far better than the equivalent BMW. Build quality seems good too. Looks far better than Teutons.
    I really do think this Jag is a step change and this series of Jags is the best ever.
    What is the equivalent? Did you drive the 3.0 V6 or 5.0 V8? Either way my beemer is frugaller (sp?), faster, more power, better emissions, cost a bit more though but is much better looking (I think the XF is an ugly car, YMMV.) The new version, which you can see in Geneva, and comes out in October is even better...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
    You watch it depreciate and also have issues with a few miles under its belt. You're right, even bimmers can't match that pace
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Yeah, until you pull up alongside a bog standard 335d.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evoc...w_3series.html
    Prawn, you really are Dim!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
    You watch it depreciate and also have issues with a few miles under its belt. You're right, even bimmers can't match that pace
    Yeah, until you pull up alongside a bog standard 335d.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evoc...w_3series.html

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied
    Oh, they do eh? I might show more interest if I get some work...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
    Wot, no diesel?
    3.0L v6

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    Innit, plenty quality and mush fastness.

Seriously though, even you would give up your Beemers - this is the best car in its class by a mile.
    I do like jags. Esp the interiors. But if you've ever owned a XKR and then a M3,SL55 there's no competition. As only 2 out of those 3 i was happy to take to the south of france, knowing I'd get back!

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied
    Wot, no diesel?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You can't beat Indian engineering.

Innit, plenty quality and mush fastness.

Seriously though, even you would give up your Beemers - this is the best car in its class by a mile.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Well I don't know about long term reliability - but the interior and ride are far better than the equivalent BMW. Build quality seems good too. Looks far better than Teutons.
    I really do think this Jag is a step change and this series of Jags is the best ever.
    You can't beat Indian engineering.

Leave a comment:

• Test drove a Jag XF this w/e - better than the German competition

Working...
X