• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Iraq: The Bloody Circus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iraq: The Bloody Circus

Anybody else think the current advert for the Channel 4 series of 'Iraq: The Bloody Circus', is in slightly dodgy taste?

Would they get away with showing current Iraqi government forces - working in co-operation with the Americans - being blown up while wearing clown makeup....?

Or is it only western people (and I think they are all white American males - not 100% certain) that can be portrayed in this way...
    Vieze Oude Man

Whats the show all about?

Mailman

Comment

Training Iraqi government forces how to juggle, walk on stilts, and mime their way out of an imaginary glass box.

They may as well, for all the use they will be once the coalition troops have left.

Comment

I thought they got look-a-likes of Blair, 2 jags, that one what looked like a knome, Bush and Saddam, did them up in clown paint, sat them around tables chatting away then finished up with a custard pie fight.

Well, I found it truely most amusing.

Or was that Channel 4 news and I was partaking of the weed?
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
          Anybody else think the current advert for the Channel 4 series of 'Iraq: The Bloody Circus', is in slightly dodgy taste?

Would they get away with showing current Iraqi government forces - working in co-operation with the Americans - being blown up while wearing clown makeup....?

Or is it only western people (and I think they are all white American males - not 100% certain) that can be portrayed in this way...

Theres an awful lot of politicians I'd like to see explode, I think Iraq has a lot to teach us, wouldn't it be fab if when the odd rabid left wing to$$er kicks off that we get a news flash telling us that he's exploded in a car bomb attack, thats what I call accountability.

Comment

Working...
          X