• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not banned from the gym :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    HTF can you do anything after spin?

Crazy loon.
    What _is_ spin?

(I mean apart from something that crops up in Quantum Mechanics)
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      What _is_ spin?

It's a vile torturous (sp?) exercise thing. It's like a bike but the most evil bike ever!!

http://www.spinning.com/

Horrible.
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

What _is_ spin?

is it last friday already??
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          It sounds so ghastly and traumatic I must have blanked it out.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

It sounds so ghastly and traumatic I must have blanked it out.
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I used to use the bikes at the gym and do pretty much this without the loon shouting at me to look at the imaginary fat people eating imaginary pies while waiting for the imaginary bus. I used to aim to do about half an hour - starting with a fairly high resistance, lower it for the down hill bits and then chip it back up again. I used to do it at set time intervals every minute or so. My legs would be fooked at the end and usually got through about 400 calories. Enough for 4 pints - nearly!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                I used to use the bikes at the gym and do pretty much this without the loon shouting at me to look at the imaginary fat people eating imaginary pies while waiting for the imaginary bus. I used to aim to do about half an hour - starting with a fairly high resistance, lower it for the down hill bits and then chip it back up again. I used to do it at set time intervals every minute or so. My legs would be fooked at the end and usually got through about 400 calories. Enough for 4 pints - nearly!
                Based on that calculation I'm aiming at 1500 calories plus my Pizza tonight!

Comment

I once trained my legs so hard (squats and leg press) that after I couldn't depress the (admittedly stiff) clutch pedal on my car.

Had to leave the car and call a friend to pick me up.

Comment

Working...
                  X