• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Winner and Losers of 2005

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hart-floot
    A discussion on the radio i heard recently placed Mao Tse Tung (and his devotees) as the biggest mass murderer in history in terms of numbers of people killed/starved. Aconservative estimate puts it in the region of 100 million people. Possibly more. His religion - communism. After all religion is the opium of the people!

Incidentally, back on message. My winner for 2005 has to be China for continuing to lift millions of people out of poverty. Maybe Neo Capitalism works! Next would come India a largely secular democracy.

Biggest losers for 2005 have to be the people that the misfortune to live under the yoke of the religious fundamentalists whether Muslim (Iran/Saudi/Sudan/much of Pakistan) or Christian (Phillipines, still no family planning!). There has to be some reason why these countries have the crappiest economies!
    Wasn't it Archbishop Desmond Tutu who said that the white man took the land from the African peoples and in exchange gave them the Bible?

Fungus

Comment

Darmstatd

I know someone who is without sin NOW.
      Well its a sort of theory really but Im sure if we all have faith it will become true.

1 Sin exists in the world because of Adam and Eve and the apple and the serpent etc

2 Therefore sin does not exist anywhere ouside of this world

3 An alien or anyone born in space must be sin-free

4 oh dear, no one has been born in space - yet.

5 but wait - surely if the pope says that condoms are wrong because they are a form of abortion then sperms = life

6 therefore if a spaceman has a sperm it is a life without sin

7 therefore if we get a pair of Buzz Aldrins space skiddies that he had a wet dream in, grow them out with some stem cells, we MUST end up with someone who is without sin. (a strange smell maybe, but definately no sin)

8 then we can brainwash the sin-free stem-lord to track down Chico, throw bricks at him, and show him the true meaning of 'let him without sin etc etc'

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
        Wasn't it Archbishop Desmond Tutu who said that the white man took the land from the African peoples and in exchange gave them the Bible?

Fungus
        Nah mate, it was Iron Maiden!!!

The white man came across the sea, he brought us pain and misery
        He killed our tribes he killed our creed, he took our game for his own need
        We fought him hard we fought him well, out on the plains we gave him hell
        But many came to much for Cree, oh will we ever be set free?
        Riding through dust clouds and barren wastes, galloping hard on the plains
        Chasing the redskins back to their holes, fighting them at their own game
        Murder for freedom the stab in the back, women and children and cowards attack

Run to the hills, run for your lives
        Soldiers blue in the barren wastes, hunting and killing the game
        Raping the women and wasting the men, the only good Indians are tame
        Selling them whiskey and taking their gold, enslaving the young and destroying the old

Comment

We owe a good deal to the Blackies
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
            sas, we have no way of knowing all the answers.

There is a lad at my daughter's school who will die in a year. The only thing that keeps him from the depths of despair is the faith that he, his family, and most people at the school share.

And yet you insist on belittling these people.
            I'm sorry he's going to die soon. I'm glad he has something that keeps him going. Indeed it might make me happier if I had that faith.

But I don't believe it.

Comment

Working...
            X