• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scary meeting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    I was asking a stressful question about a project from hell, looks like I sent them over the edge.
    That'll trigger undiagnosed epilepsy..
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I once came across someone having a fit in the office. Unfortunately this guy had climbed onto a table to have his fit and was trying (badly) to climb even higher. He looked scared stiff. I held out my hand to let him hold on to for stability, which he did with both hands as if for dear life. His legs were shaking and looked as if they were going to buckle, but he snapped out of it after a minute or two.

Comment

Sometimes when I'm really pissed i can pass out momentarily in the middle of a conversation & effortlessly resume what I was saying before.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
          Sometimes when I'm really pissed i can pass out momentarily in the middle of a conversation & effortlessly resume what I was saying before.
          Do you keep your eyes open?
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Did he have one hand in a pocket?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Maybe you’re the one who had 3 or 4 seconds absence but you thought it was him?
              Or time suddenly went really fast for Wilmslow?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Do you keep your eyes open?
                No, but it only lasts a few seconds. Bit disconcerting for whoever it is I'm talking to though.

Comment

There is a tribe in New Guinea called the Kajangers and they have a protocol where they hold a hand up and say 'I am not here', they then drop out of the conversation and to all intents and purposes they are absent.

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

like it.

"i am not here"

i can see this being used in certain threads. actually, quite a lot of them.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                      There is a tribe in New Guinea called the Kajangers and they have a protocol where they hold a hand up and say 'I am not here', they then drop out of the conversation and to all intents and purposes they are absent.

Are they the ones who eat missionaries?
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X