• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Totally exhausted.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Amazing how just an hour a day soon gets to the body. I have literally been Body Attacked......
    you need carbs, fatty acids, fluids

thats ten pints and a kebab

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      you need carbs, fatty acids, fluids

thats ten pints and a kebab

He needs proteins to repair the damage he’s done to his muscles. That’ll be an extra kebab.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        He needs proteins to repair the damage he’s done to his muscles. That’ll be an extra kebab.
        That is the only kind of protein I would be wanting, thanks very much

Comment

Kind of how I am feeling right now to be honest.

Got lactic acid all over my body, and also feeling just exhausted.

Think I am going to go for a quick half hour spandex beginners aerobics class tonight to stetch off, then flake out in the sauna - spa for the rest of the evening.

Amazing how just an hour a day soon gets to the body. I have literally been Body Attacked......
          Is that some new form of bukake?

Comment

You’re obviously new and missed the background. Wilmslow, our resident Mr Fascinating, has a long history of problems which he has extensively documented on this here website. On Saturday he went to the gym and did a Les Mills session and a spinning session. On Monday he went again and did the same thing, and told us that his spinning instructor commented on his loss of form. I told him that two hard training sessions on consecutive days would not help him get fitter but would knacker him and leave him less fit than before, and his instructor would have told him this if he knew what he was doing. He didn’t take any notice and went off to a weights training session having only eaten one muesli bar. He is now a physical wreck and it serves him right.
            Not quite.

Saturday - Pilates, Body Pump, Spin.
            Sunday - Body Attack, Body Pump
            Monday - Body Attack, Body Pump.

Yes, too much now I see things more clearly.........

Will take easy tonight and a gentle Pilates session tomorrow night!
            Last edited by Wilmslow; 23 February 2010, 14:44.

Comment

Not quite.

Saturday - Pilates, Body Pump, Spin.
              Sunday - Body Attack, Body Pump
              Sunday - Body Attack, Body Pump.

Yes, too much now I see things more clearly.........

Will take easy tonight and a gentle Pilates session tomorrow night!
              Not surprised you're tired - you had Sunday twice!
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Lactic acid isn’t the problem and isn’t the cause of burning muscles as was previously thought. What actually happens is that when ATP (adenosinetriphosphate) is broken down to ADP (adenosinediphosphate) in the muscles, not only is a phosphate group dropped from the molecule, but a hydrogen ion is released; the hydrogen ions lower the pH of the blood causing acidosis, that burning pain after intense bursts of anaerobic exercise. The only solution is to drink plenty of fluids and have a rest.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Wilmslow if you done take a rest and do what Mitch TT has said - do nothing until next week - then you risk coming down with a cold or virus, and not being able to exercise for a good few weeks.

You are not 25 any more so it will take longer for your body to recover between heavy exercise sessions.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lactic acid isn’t the problem and isn’t the cause of burning muscles as was previously thought. What actually happens is that when ATP (adenosinetriphosphate) is broken down to ADP (adenosinediphosphate) in the muscles, not only is a phosphate group dropped from the molecule, but a hydrogen ion is released; the hydrogen ions lower the pH of the blood causing acidosis, that burning pain after intense bursts of anaerobic exercise. The only solution is to drink plenty of fluids and have a rest.
                    It's probably myoglobin rather than blood.

Comment

Mich - Thought you would like to know I am still alive.

Went for the gentle jog and spandex option, but, traffic was clear and I arrived just as a spin class was starting which is followed by the spandex class.

Could not resist – ended up doing a half hour spin class which I just breezed through – no effort at all. The aerobics class was just a nice gentle shake-up which I needed. Yes, stupid I know, but could not resist.

Really weird that spin now feels like an easy option.

Feeling a lot better today, so going to take a nice gentle pilates class tonight, then see how I am feeling for the circuit class on Thursday.

Think it is just muscle fatigue from doing body pump immediately after body attack. Never again.

Comment

Working...
                      X