• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Average intelligence of the British people

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    OK, so I know I’m a British citizen, but I have real concerns about the average intelligence of the British people. Britain has the worst government in the whole of western Europe. A government that consistently spent more than it had during growth years and then printed money to throw at the problems it had caused. A government that dreams up new taxes every day to feed the money eating machine it has created, but even when higher revenues come in, still cannot do the most basic task of any businessperson or homeowner; balance the books. A government that has lied to send British troops to an illegal war. A government that cooperated with imprisonment without trial and tortureand curtailed civil liberties to a point that British people are now subjugated, controlled, observed and documented almost as much as East Germans under the Stasi.

And then I open the paper and see that 33% of British people are going to vote Labour at the next election. What in heaven’s name is wrong with them? Has some hideous brain devouring worm infected Britain? Is there something in the water?

My goodness, we have our fair share of morons in Holland, but this is really hopeless.
    Two reasons:

1) Gordon Brown may be hopeless but people recognise David Cameron is no better, a Blair-wannabe who tells people what he thinks they want to hear
    2) People haven't forgotten the state the country was in when the Tories exited power in 1997.

Comment

Originally posted by cybersquatter View Post
      Two reasons:

1) Gordon Brown may be hopeless but people recognise David Cameron is no better, a Blair-wannabe who tells people what he thinks they want to hear
      2) People haven't forgotten the state the country was in when the Tories exited power in 1997.
      I remember the country being in fine state, it was the sleaze that got the Tories booted.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by cybersquatter View Post
        Two reasons:

have

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          Here's the answer: Adam Curtis - Richard Nixon

Paralysed politics, rinse and repeat but nothing will get better... ever.
          Saw this on newswipe and was very impressed, I'm having to quote as it is very clear and concise view of modern polictics.

As for David Cameron being a PR man i don't really see what he can do for us as PM, other than bulltulip and look good.

Comment

Originally posted by the_duderama View Post
            Saw this on newswipe and was very impressed, I'm having to quote as it is very clear and concise view of modern polictics.

As for David Cameron being a PR man i don't really see what he can do for us as PM, other than bulltulip and look good.
            He could be a fall guy, scapegoat and an object of derision while everyone falls about laughing at what they left him?

Comment

Originally posted by the_duderama View Post

And me, this is another gem from the current series: How To Report The News
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
              X