• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This weekend I will mostly be........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
    Sampling the local pub in the village we have just bought a house in!
    Ooooh, dangerous. In you walk, hoping for a friendly welcome and a log fire, and 20 squinting inbreds, all slouched over the bar, interrupt the evening’s pint-staring session to turn around and stare at you.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      sounds like a 20 minute job in MediaMarkt
      you would think so wouldnt you, but gf chef is one of those look EVERYWHERE then buy from the first shop she went in types so apart from the pre-requisite sunday roast that's all I've got planned over the weekend..

god that sounds tragic..
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Setting up and playing with all the new recording kit that was delivered this morning.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Setting up and playing with all the new recording kit that was delivered this morning.
          Don't press the big red button!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Ooooh, dangerous. In you walk, hoping for a friendly welcome and a log fire, and 20 squinting inbreds, all slouched over the bar, interrupt the evening’s pint-staring session to turn around and stare at you....
            After a long pause, the barman asks, "are you local ?"

"Why yes!" you cheerily reply, "We've just moved into the village!"

Have you ever seen Straw Dogs ?

Comment

I've never been considered a 'local' since I moved from the small somerset town I grew up in, so will be no different to anywhere else!

Can't be worse than going into small 'local' pubs in west yorkshire by yourself and making it out alive !!
              Beer
              is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Saturday. Drive to ski resort.
                Sunday. Ski.
                Mon-Fri. Ski.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If there is a pentangle drawn on the wall, don't leave the path when you are walking home.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

when do you sample the house?
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Owing to all the flights back to the UK being full, I'm spending the next 13 hours on a ferry. It's looking a bit choppy out there too.

Comment

Working...
                      X