• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Comment from Spin instructor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so you're on an indoor bike cycling in a group of people and sometimes you stand up and cycle??

what does the instructor say/do?
    and how can you have bad form?? surely if you peddle and keep up your done?

sounds like complete and utter crap, buy a bike and go get some fresh air
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      buy a bike and go get some fresh air
      whs
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Thought this might be an Alistair Campbellesque symposium during which the finer points of bulltuliping are honed. Just some effeminate salad dodgers needing instruction on how to pedal a bike.
        Have you signed up for the Walking-and-chewing-gum-simultaneously Classes too?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

what does the instructor say/do?
          and how can you have bad form?? surely if you peddle and keep up your done?
          One of Mrs MM's mates instructs "Spin". They get a readout of all the bike's output and if you have an electronic widget the instructor can track your progress.

The main job of the instructor in a spin class is to pick on people who aren't working as hard as they have done previously and shout general encouragement.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

buy a bike and go get some fresh air
            Preferably somewhere with lots of steep, dangerous drop offs...
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Thought this might be an Alistair Campbellesque symposium during which the finer points of bulltuliping are honed. Just some effeminate salad dodgers needing instruction on how to pedal a bike.
              Have you signed up for the Walking-and-chewing-gum-simultaneously Classes too?

Never done a class myself, but have witnessed a few. The pace appears to be very fast and the instructor seems to shout a lot.

I would much rather go for a jog on my own frankly.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                One of Mrs MM's mates instructs "Spin". They get a readout of all the bike's output and if you have an electronic widget the instructor can track your progress.

The main job of the instructor in a spin class is to pick on people who aren't working as hard as they have done previously and shout general encouragement.
                Abuse

All the spin instructors I’ve ever seen are ex army sergeant majors who were too thick to get a real sports qualification and like to sit on a bike screaming at people. If they did have any formal training they wouldn't make stupid remarks about somebody's form on the second similar training in two days.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Abuse

All the spin instructors I’ve ever seen are ex army sergeant majors who were too thick to get a real sports qualification and like to sit on a bike screaming at people. If they did have any formal training they wouldn't make stupid remarks about somebody's form on the second similar training in two days.
                  I can assure you that Mrs MM's mate is not ex-army. She's quite meek actually.

Comment

so you're on an indoor bike cycling in a group of people and sometimes you stand up and cycle??
                    Wilmslow's motto is "live dangerously"
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                      She's quite meek actually.
                      Until she sits on the red instructor's bike and then mutates into an officer of ze gestapo.

Comment

Working...
                      X