• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hang on, could a war over some islands affect the election?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Of course they do and in fact I share their views, much as I like Argentina, which I've visited three times, but what can Britain under a Labour government, saddled with enormous debts and an overstretched military really do to help them?
    I personally wouldn't put it past this government to sell out the Falkland Islanders at the best of times, never mind in the current climate.
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      I personally wouldn't put it past this government to sell out the Falkland Islanders at the best of times, never mind in the current climate.
      Indeed, but there would be a stark choice if the worst came to the worst. Britain surely can't stay committed to Iraq AND Afghanistan AND mount a force to fight off a well equipped professional army in the Falklands.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Indeed, but there would be a stark choice if the worst came to the worst. Britain surely can't stay committed to Iraq AND Afghanistan AND mount a force to fight off a well equipped professional army in the Falklands.
        Maybe the french will help...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
          You could always ask the Falkland Islanders. Apparently they have quite strong views on the subject...
          Needs must matey. They can all come here and live in a mansion in Chelsea all on benefits.

Comment

Of course they do and in fact I share their views, much as I like Argentina, which I've visited three times, but what can Britain under a Labour or any other government, saddled with enormous debts and an overstretched military really do to help them?
            FTFY
            Step outside posh boy

Comment

The Argentinian government have obviously read the newspapers and seen that Britain’s forces are now stretched to capacity and there’s no money to pay for another war.

Well done NuLiebore. F**kwits.
              The Argies could probably walk right in to "Las Malvinas" now, and stay.

When the earthquake in Haiti struck last month, Britain was unable to help much because, for the first time since the Reign of Charles I, there were no Royal Navy Ships or helicopters in the Caribbean.

It turned out that a couple of weeks earlier, Gordon Brown had asked for them all to be withdrawn, to cut costs.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                The Argies could probably walk right in to "Las Malvinas" now, and stay.

When the earthquake in Haiti struck last month, Britain was unable to help much because, for the first time since the Reign of Charles I, there were no Royal Navy Ships or helicopters in the Caribbean.

It turned out that a couple of weeks earlier, Gordon Brown had asked for them all to be withdrawn, to cut costs.
                Why don't they just invade Britain and let it out of it's misery?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Why don't they just invade Britain and let it out of it's misery?
                  There's an idea. We'd have great steak and wine. Lovers of Tango would probably be in their element. I suspect the level of cheating in football would descend even further though.
                  Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
                    Shetland is nearer Norway than Britain. Give it back!
                    Maybe the Scots will do when they gain independence?
                    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                      There's an idea. We'd have great steak and wine. Lovers of Tango would probably be in their element. I suspect the level of cheating in football would descend even further though.
                      What's in it for them?

Comment

Working...
                      X