• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain will be first country to monitor every car journey

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just how exactly are they going to do this though? I mean...we are talking about putting cameras on every single road in great britain!

That seems an impossible task?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
      Just how exactly are they going to do this though? I mean...we are talking about putting cameras on every single road in great britain!

That seems an impossible task?

Mailman
      Sat Nav works both ways
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
        Sat Nav works both ways
        If it does, it explains why speed cameras are not increasing. Distance travelled/time elapsed = ave speed, GOTCHA!

I feel a Tom Cruise script coming on....................

Comment

Sat Nav dont mean diddly if they cant see your licence plate.

Mailman

Comment

Hmmmmmm

I do know that each person is entitled to ask for CCTV footage of them when they are in a shop, a forecourt or any other location with a camera. There is a nominal £10 fee however.

I would assume the same applies for CCTV footage of your vehicle.....which means that if enough people demanded footage, something I bet hasn't been considered, then the system would become mired down in an administrative nightmare. Of course, the irony is having to pay £10, but what a lot of chaos you would get for that tenner !
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Tch, you plebs, it's for road pricing...

Apparently the system is already in place in several areas.

It was used, for example, in the case of the Police woman who was killed.

The plods were right off the mark on that weren't they! First arrest was the wrong guy. This guy had infact previously reported to the police that he had been coerced into renting the getaway car by some bad guys and strongly suspected it was going to be used for nefarious purposes. He gave the plod the full SP.

So, the usefulness of this system in preventing crime appears suspect.

Now, how long did it take to catch up with these bad guys...

So, the usefulness of this system after the fact also appears suspect.

Now, I have shown that using this system in crime prevention/detection/solution is not going to happen. What other purpose could such a system be used for...

Might I suggest: road pricing.

Enjoy your new tax ...
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

How to beat the system

Clone

just like the congestion charge scammers already do.

Not too worried about getting a congestion charge/speeding etc notice, after all they only want money and I will be able to argue about it in court.

However, if there is an armed robbery or a terrorist attack with clones of my plates involved (I think maybe terrorists and armed robbers will not be too bothered about breaking this law) then I might find it a little difficult to argue from the inside of a body-bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                  Sat Nav dont mean diddly if they cant see your licence plate.

Mailman

If they can track humans by inserting a chip in them then maybe, just maybe they could do the same with a car
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Thats not Sat Nav though is it...thats more like chip n car

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                    X