• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Equality

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Indeed, but I have the impression that migrant muslims sometimes become more orthodox than the muslims in muslim countries.
    Indeed, educated Pakistanis regard Bradford as backward and uncivilised. Seriously.
    Step outside posh boy

Comment

"O you who believe! Strong drink and games of chance and idols and divining arrows are only an infamy of Satan's handiwork. Leave it aside in order that ye may succeed."

Apparently updated from the original "Don't turn up pissed for prayers!".

Comment

Hmm, I’ve seen plenty of muslims drinking. In fact, some say ‘insh’allah’ much like we say ‘cheers’ when they raise a glass with each other.
        You should see the Arabs queueing up for a weekand of boozing and whoreing on the causeway from Saudi to Bahrain of a Wednesday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
          Indeed, educated Pakistanis regard Bradford as backward and uncivilised. Seriously.
          Western muslims seem to misunderstand the Islamic world just as much as any other westerners.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Most people remain at least nominally religious and say a prayer from time to time.
            Aye. It helps to have rules that would basically kill you if you try to escape some religions. IMHO by law all of them should have easy termination clause.

It's all interpretation anyway - I think it was said something like - "thy shalt not drink wine", so technically speaking if its not wine it might be compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Aye. It helps to have rules that would basically kill you if you try to escape some religions. IMHO by law all of them should have easy termination clause.

It's all interpretation anyway - I think it was said something like - "thy shalt not drink wine", so technically speaking if its not wine it might be compatible.
              By law in western countries, all religions have an easy termination clause; the state won’t force you to turn up to church/mosque/synagogue/temple/Stonehenge. Unfortunately some other parts of the world are less liberal in this aspect.

Comment

By law in western countries, all religions have an easy termination clause;
                There is no such law. The only thing law says is that if you get killed for leaving religion it won't be deemed ok here by law.

Comment

There is no such law. The only thing law says is that if you get killed for leaving religion it won't be deemed ok here by law.
                  If there's no law forcing you to be religious, why would we need a law protecting your right to not be religious?

Comment

If there's no law forcing you to be religious, why would we need a law protecting your right to not be religious?
                    The point I am making is that it would be against the law to setup (for example) a club members of which will be stoned if they choose to leave it to join other club or otherwise. Would Companies House even register a club with such Articles of Associations?

Comment

The point I am making is that I've got f**k all to do and thought I'd try to start an argument.
                      FTFY!

Comment

Working...
                      X