• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Valentines day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is just another commercial con.

Comment

What I'm after knowing is when women (hereafter referred to as crafty bitches) changed Valentines day from giving a card to presents.

The old valentines day was you gave a card to someone you wanted to shag with a hint in it as to who it was from. You never ever gave them to someone you were currently shagging. Now its all about how much tulip your willing to hand over.

I refer to my mate George the philosopher. After learning another mate had proposed on Valentines day under the Eiffel Tower he responded. "Was there a queue?"

Its madness.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        I saw a couple in the supermarket today, miserable looking pair - while she perused the veg, he grabbed the nearest bunch of flowers and chucked them in the trolley; I heard her laugh and ask if that was her valentines present, he replied that it would save him having to go out first thing to get her some, and to 'chill out' because he'd 'give her the money back'.
        so...man gives woman some flowers, woman gives man some veg, and the woman is somehow the injured party. I will never understand this materialism lark.

Comment

Working...
        X