• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows upside down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Update: Colleague number 1, with her Masters degree in Informatics from Bologna University, was completely flummoxed and discombobulated. She’s used my laptop to make a helpdesk ticket now.

Shall I tell her?
    You should have refused, and made her do the ticket on her own laptop.
    Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      'A journalist I know has his monitor rotated 90 degrees so that he gets more on a screen that way.'

eh

Milan.
      When writing a document, typically the pages are oriented in portrait format - that is, the longer side downwards and the shorter side across. Most screens are the opposite with a longer horizontal than vertical. By rotating the monitor 90 degrees, you then end up with a longer vertical than horizontal plane. By rotating the screen display programmatically to match the physical orientation of the screen, you are able to see more of a document on the screen without recourse to zooming out of the document to any large degree.

However, not all monitors support this rotation - trying to find a new 22" monitor which allowed the screen to be orientated thus was a struggle recently.

HTH.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

ǝɯ ɹoɟ ʞɹoʍ ʇ,usǝop

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          ǝɯ ɹoɟ ʞɹoʍ ʇ,usǝop
          Sorry, it didn't work on mine.
          Step outside posh boy

Comment

Fakker,

doesn't the monitor fall over or you have to sit it on it's side on a bean bag or something

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              Fakker,

doesn't the monitor fall over or you have to sit it on it's side on a bean bag or something

Milan.
              Bean bag. Genius idea.
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                Bean bag. Genius idea.
                Old takeaway pizza box is more likely around here.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Works on my primary screen but not the second.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

what about the keyboard,

if I turned my laptop 90 degrees it would certainly make typing a challenge

Milan.

Comment

Doesn't work on either of my screens. Serves me right for being a video card cheapskate.

Comment

Working...
                      X