• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The train to London trip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bath Hilton was pretty tulip last time I stayed there. 70's era decor and a bit of a damp smell
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      This one
      FFS - Well, what did you expect !
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Bath Hilton was pretty tulip last time I stayed there. 70's era decor and a bit of a damp smell
        Hilton Glasgow was nice last time I stayed there. Hilton Bristol was pretty good - I lived there for about 11 months on one project. Hilton Paddington is quite good if you are wanting to be in that part of London.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

This one
          Was it smaller than this - http://www.hilton.co.uk:80/HiWayWeb/...tyhocn=LONEUHI

Or do you resemble a giant american.

It's the same with all of the older london hotels - unless you pay a premium, you get a crappy unrenovated room.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

They've got a Hilton in Swindon
            They also have some nice hotels too
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

[*]tube costs 4 quid in one zone whether you go one zone or the whole stretch, surely they should do some kind of special rate depending upon amount of stops, particularly for zone 1. Unbelievable[/LIST][LIST]
              That's how it works. You've been suckered into the tourist trap. Zone 1, 1 day travelcard costs £7.20.

If you get an oyster, you pay single fares up to the maximum of the travelcard for the zones you pass through.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

This one
                You are better off staying in the Paddington Hilton.
                Newly decorated, large rooms, decent TV, and everything else you missed during your trip to London. Several real ale pubs just outside, Sainsburys open till midnight, the tube, trains and Heathrow Express downstairs etc

Around 120 p/n.

http://www.hilton.co.uk/paddington?WT.srch=1

PZZ

Comment

How late did you leave the booking?
                  I generally use holiday inn, very rarely paid more than £80 per night inc. breakfast and thats booking on the same day
                  (And I know what I'm getting with Holiday Inn)

However, last time I stayed at the Holiday Inn express at Stansted, the rack rate was over £300! I'd booked less than 24 hours in advance online and got it for under £100 with breakfast
                  About the week before, was not even in the hotel but some outbuildings I'm sure they had specially constructed for the self employed.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I agree. Used to visit this one a lot as the mother n law stays near by, some year ago, waffles for breakfast freshly made a nice ambience but now it's gone wayside, I avoid the hilton anytime I visit Bath now in favour of one of the small boutique properties.

I've noticed Hilton's around the UK have lost their appeal especially after a return visit from the continent. They just feel so old. Paris is probably not even aware of their existence.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I've stayed in the hotel du vin a few times whilst in Cambridge, got a good commercial rate of around £100 too, now that's a hotel. They know how to look after you, until I'd gone and spent £50 in the restaurant that is, gosh that's some tasty wine...

Comment

Working...
                      X