• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited company with

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimimak View Post
    I'm at the point of accepting a new contract and have decided to use a Ltd company outside of IR35.

However, I have a question that may or may not have come up before (I did try searching).

I'm a Java developer and thats the role thats been offered to me, however, my wife is a part qualified accountant/book keeper by profession (useful for doing the paperwork ;o). My wife is currently at home looking after the kids but has been working part time for 2 small companies and she is currently working for them as PAYE. Both companies are happy to instead sign contracts with her and for her to invoice them for the work she does rather than work on a fixed salary. Similarly her mum has the same profession and is looking to perhaps do the same as my wife.

The question is should we setup a separate company for the bookeeping/accounting work or would it be better to run a single limited company providing software development and accounting services ?

Anyone got any comments on the pro's and cons of using a single company ? ...is it better/worse/no different from an IR35 perspective ? ...in all cases it will be the company, not individuals providing the service.
    Keep the accounting company entirely separate but do other accounting work as well as for your own ltd co.

. If your contractor Ltd Co goes futt; it won’t affect the accounting business. In this economical climate and the obsession with government introducing retrospective taxes there is a chance that your company could fail
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I would have thought your accountant would have been able to advise you on this....
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
      X