• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What you can get for 60k in Costa Rica

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Volcanoes are good places; very mineral rich soils, always warm, ideal for growing your own veg and even planting some vines if you’re on hillside. OK, occasionally they go boom whoosh whiz bang and chuck magma at you but volcano forecasting’s pretty good these days. As for hurricanes, as long as you have a solidly built house you should be OK.
    Ok, so have you got $1000 a month for the rest of your life? If so, sounds lovely.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Surely the strong winds would blow the volcano out - sorted!
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

So for 60k you can buy a tin shack ?? Its a tulip hole!

Comment

(Photos below of volcano and lake are not taken from the house)

It's like advertising a house in Slough with pics of Big Ben and St Paul's ..

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post

So maybe the volcano is actually much closer?

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post

Except that Slough's a tuliphole and that place in Costa Rica isn't.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Underscore Pt2 View Post
                So for 60k you can buy a tin shack ?? Its a tulip hole!
                What do you want man? 30 degrees every day, sunshine every day, beach and yacht club down the road, world’s best looking women around the place AND a bloody Barratt mock Georgian detached house with electric garage doors and an Axminster? Sod all that ‘luxury’ and stuff, just give me good weather, a little vineyard and an easy life.

That house isn’t a tin shed at all; it’s a simple but attractive brick bungalow in one of the world’s better places.

It’ll do me; just have to recover the warchest after the disaster known to mankind as ‘2009’.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It’ll do me; just have to recover the warchest after the disaster known to mankind as ‘2009’.
                  Gordon Bennett! You were on the bench in 2009?

Comment

I kept my horse here
                    That would explain why it's got no upstairs.

Comment

Except that Slough's a tuliphole and that place in Costa Rica isn't.
                      Who says there are no tulipholes in Costa Rica ?

Comment

Working...
                      X