• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public sector cutbacks: Which IT contracts are at risk?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Frankly for the amounts spent on such projects this all should be done by internal teams who may use external contractors for some relevant tasks and external vendors supplying base software blocks (say database) or connectivity etc.
    I work on one of these "internal teams" you describe. But everything is now being outsourced; things are moving in the opposite direction! Of course it will cost the client a fortune. Rumour has it the outsourcer will take on us contractors to help with the handover... kerching!

I should note that Bob is not involved. Bob can't keep secrets
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I was going to add there: "Ban agencies and hire direct only" but I felt sorry for your kind.

Shortly after that I got email from agency trying to sell services
      It was one of my lot.

Dont worry the 20 Indian developers will be arriving 1st thing Monday morning. Keep an eye out for a Reliant Robin Van.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
      X