• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ideas for holding USD?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    YASUKA, do you like movies about gladiators?
    What is that supposed to mean? Do you not have anything better to do then pollute peoples threads

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      Forget USD hold AUD/JPY as a carry trade and take the interest difference
      The most cost efficent way of doing this is via an ETF on the LSE. ETFSecurities do a lot of crosses and these are traded with a razor thin bid offer spread and a 0.4% management fee

Be careful of CGT - Currency is volatile and you can make P&L quickly

Personally I am a buyer of IGLT gilts with the surplus in my business account

Comment

I have to agree with DP here. Be quite useful to spread the risk around a little. I may see if there are any decent currency tracker funds.

I think we are more likely to see $1.40 again as opposed to $1.30.

I think we see a clear picture on this thread though between the haves and the have nots. I reckon poor old DP feels like a Euro Lottery winner compared next to the majority.

Hey DP, tell us about some of the begging letters you've received from posters on the board?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I reckon poor old DP feels like a Euro Lottery winner compared next to the majority.
          He converted to GBP in 2008 numpty, and shortly thereafter GBP collapsed - DimPrawn wasn't the same ever since: the only comparable character I can think of is the Mad Hatter...

Comment

Working...
          X