• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Old People

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded View Post
    I'll relate a story: in Denmark there is the road, then the cycle path and then the pavement.

An old person was getting out of a car up ahead of me, so being on my bicycle and knowing they would be an obstruction when I reached them, I let off and coasted to a halt a couple or so meters.

Some little tulip went shooting past, clipped the old dears walking stick and caused them to fall.

Later I caught up with them and explained that what they'd done was seriously uncool, and one day, if they were ever so lucky, they'd be old.

Anyways they ran the next red light. I guess they don't plan to become old.
    If you still had that time machine you could jump forward 60 years, knock them over, shout "See!! I told you!!". Then jump back to the present
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      I'll relate a story: in Denmark there is the road, then the cycle path and then the pavement.

An old person was getting out of a car up ahead of me, so being on my bicycle and knowing they would be an obstruction when I reached them, I let off and coasted to a halt a couple or so meters.

Some little tulip went shooting past, clipped the old dears walking stick and caused them to fall.

Later I caught up with them and explained that what they'd done was seriously uncool, and one day, if they were ever so lucky, they'd be old.

Anyways they ran the next red light. I guess they don't plan to become old
      threaded, surely if they are slow enough for YOU to catch them up on your bike, they must be so obese that reaching old age is out of the question?
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Rooney
        Old People? **** em
        IGMC
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
        X