• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

David Cameron: burglars leave human rights at the door

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    It's a shame that this thread died on the second post, because the topic is actually quite interesting. It's a massive statement to say that the human rights are left at the threshold. The Fritzels of this world would have a field day!
    Except he said Burglars - not everyone. It's a meaningless populist soundbite designed to appeal to the hoardes of braying proles.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      Except he said Burglars - not everyone.
      The topic was burglars and he said it about burglars, easy to extend to anyone who attempts to enter house with criminal intent - murders, rapists etc.

Maybe it was designed to appeal to "to the hoardes of braying proles" as you put it, maybe, however that beats some tulip of a law that appears to burglars and alike.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        The topic was burglars and he said it about burglars, easy to extend to anyone who attempts to enter house with criminal intent - murders, rapists etc.

Maybe it was designed to appeal to "to the hoardes of braying proles" as you put it, maybe, however that beats some tulip of a law that appears to burglars and alike.
        I think you were missing the point - my response was pointing out that any change to the law wouldn't favour Frentzel and his ilk. Cameron isn't proposing to change the law, probably because he realises there is no need.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          any change to the law wouldn't favour Frentzel and his ilk.
          I agree - it's complete tulip to get Frentzel into this.

Comment

Working...
          X