• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

David Cameron: burglars leave human rights at the door

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    this is a significant and very interesting difference
    You mean there's a boring bit to this story too?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      A person who wanted to receive post?
      In the USA they have mailboxes.

I suppose their front gardens are so big that it would be cruel to make postman walk all the way to the door...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        In the USA they have mailboxes.

I suppose their front gardens are so big that it would be cruel to make postman walk all the way to the door...

milanbenes explained that in his "boring" long post about average folk* in the UK versus those who live in central Europe.

One thing the postman do in the UK is a form of community service. I often see my postman talking to the old neighbours. This wouldn't happen if we had mail boxes.

*I live in an area with a wide variety of housing so some folk follow the central European method.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          milanbenes explained that in his "boring" long post about average folk* in the UK versus those who live in central Europe.

One thing the postman do in the UK is a form of community service. I often see my postman talking to the old neighbours. This wouldn't happen if we had mail boxes.

*I live in an area with a wide variety of housing so some folk follow the central European method.
          My postman is very friendly. "Er Indoors" (Mrs Dodgy) is always baking cakes for him.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            My postman is very friendly. "Er Indoors" (Mrs Dodgy) is always baking cakes for him.

bun in the oven

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              I often see my postman talking to the old neighbours. This wouldn't happen if we had mail boxes.
              That's very nice.

Also explains why they had to scrap second post and the fact that now mail deliveries take closer to noon rather than 9am.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Just think; the Edwardians/Victorians had up to 4 postal deliveries per day.

And no 1st & 2nd class.

One could, apparently, post a postcard in The Mumbles at lunch time & have it delivered in Neath before teatime.

Then again, England ruled a third of the world at the time, so it paid to know what was going on.
                FTFY!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  One could, apparently, post a postcard in The Mumbles at lunch time & have it delivered in Neath before teatime.

Then again, Britain ruled a third of the world at the time, so it paid to know what was going on.
                  And was there anyone in Neath that could actually READ it, or did they just congregate around it and look at the picture?
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

It's a shame that this thread died on the second post, because the topic is actually quite interesting. It's a massive statement to say that the human rights are left at the threshold. The Fritzels of this world would have a field day!
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                      It's a massive statement to say that the human rights are left at the threshold. The Fritzels of this world would have a field day!

As would the husband carrying his new wife over it.
                      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                      Feist - I Feel It All
                      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                      X