• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky HD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
    Thanks, that clears up what I originally tried to type, so normal stereo over HDMI is fine but for 5.1 you still need optical input.
    Yep.

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
    For those with SkyHD do you also geet access to BBC1 and ITV HD service?
    BBC HD is there in the EPG, but you need to manually add the ITV HD channel.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

loads of info on the new HD box here, once you get past all the people calling it a hoax and being proved wrong...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-h...ew-hd-box.html
      Still Invoicing

Comment

I got SKY HD at the weekend, actually watched the mummy as soon as it switched on as the pricture was so good.

I'm in the market for a decent surround sound amp now, think I will get the boss acoutimas speakers.

Comment

Only suckers give their money to Murdoch.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I'm in the market for a decent surround sound amp now, think I will get the boss acoutimas speakers.
            I know of a second-hand Denon AVR-2307 going for a bargain

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
              loads of info on the new HD box here, once you get past all the people calling it a hoax and being proved wrong...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-h...ew-hd-box.html
              Hmmm, I can see my replacement Amstrad having "issues" and requiring a replacement within the next few weeks.

Comment

Had Sky HD, got rid as the cost was mounting up and during bench time, costs have to cut. Plus it was a rip off, with multiroom something like £70 a month.

So I ditched it, got a Humax Foxsat HD PVR on Freesat+ and never looked back. Apart from cost of box monthly costs are zero, and it even has iPlayer on it now after last firmware.

Football I can watch on't t'internet or even better, in the pub. Wonder if you can actually go to the grounds and go inside and watch? Some people must do, I can see them on the telly. Wanderers are never on Sky anyway....

Movies - t'internet or flicks.

Comment

When do you folks watch all this TV?

Don't have Sky here, don't have the time to watch it I guess...
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    and it even has iPlayer on it now after last firmware.
                    How does that work? Does it come from the satellite, or does it need to be connected to the internet?
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Are the barstewards still charging an extra 10 quid a month for the privilege of HD?
                      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                      X