• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone been out to Saudi?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take your own bog roll.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Don't show anybody the soles of your shoes.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
        Don't tell me, the left hand is used for winking so would be disrespectful to use the same hand to eat or pass things to others with?
        It's more to do with religious emphasis and requirement on personal hygiene and ensuring all traces of impurity are removed from one's body when visiting the loo including preventing any drops of urine from touching the clothes. Hence the use of water.

Comment

Don't accuse them of sponsoring terrorism - it may be true but hey, it would be most impolite.

Comment

You sure thats not the tail wagging the dog?

Many religious observances have a sensible basis on medical grounds. Avoiding pork, ritual animal slaughter (priest is experienced in detecting bad meat). etc.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Don't accuse them of sponsoring terrorism - it may be true but hey, it would be most impolite.
              To be fair, the Sauds don't sponsor terrorism. They were the main reason Bin Laden got upset in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Don't show anybody the soles of your shoes.
                Good point. Some people like to sit cross legged and waggle their foot or leg, or twist their foot around and abouts for exercise. Try not to. It can be taken by a person who thinks you're using your foot to point at them like someone giving you a two finger salute.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Shouldn't the Saudis just accept that people from a western culture behave differently to them instead of getting all uppity?
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post

Sight-seeing: Well I'm a camel head, so blasting about the desert on anything with an enormous hump is great for me.
                    FTFY
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                      Shouldn't the Saudis just accept that people from a western culture behave differently to them instead of getting all uppity?
                      Quite true. I'm still curious as to why holding a shoe in your hand and showing it to someone is viewed as being deeply offensive.

Comment

Working...
                      X