• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Twits on Twitter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Some research student has done their thesis on how kids growing up use technology. Apparently, kids consider twitter to be a technology for old people (old probably being north of 25 to a teenager) and don't use it themselves.

Same piece of research said teenagers are moving away from text and into smartphone based IM.
    Down with the kids is 25-30 for me. The other developer and the project manager are both sub-30. Anything below 25 will get me put on the 'register'.

The Equalizer - aged 36.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      For those with reservations about Twitter, try the following:

Register, choose any old username, give a spamcatcher email and opt out of the spam harvesting contact shenanigans described above.

Find out who the top ten experts in your field are (if you don't know already), and follow them. Check out who they're following too.

Sit back and watch a stream of relevant, concise info flood in, with reflections on industry news, product developments, tips, tricks and useful blog articles keeping you bang up to date with your chosen field.

Ignore those who use it as a podium for their random thoughts about breakfast, lunch and any old carp.

Then post back here and let's see if your opinions have changed at all.
      sounds like good advice, you do not need to be a Twit to do it, I follow whoever I like on RSS.

Cheers
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
      X