• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

B & B Special Contractor Nightly Rate - £18/night - South Manchester/Cheshire area

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    ****! £18 but normally £25! Must be kind of basic!
    But good from a profitability point of view, after all thats why we're in business right? Personally I'd rather overpay the mortgage and retire early than sleep in posh digs.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Here is their website:

http://www.thehandforthlodge.co.uk/

Comment

I know exactly where that is.....

Ok area in the day, but, be rather wary in the evenings!

There are a fair few takeaways and local cheap restuarants, so not a bad place all things considered.

Around 10 mins walk to 2 train stations serving Manchester / Crewe and the airport.

It is a poor mans Wilmslow.

Comment

You can stay at mine for £17

ladies only, and you must leave the light on at all times. for, er, security reasons

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            You can stay at mine for £17

ladies only, and you must leave the light on at all times. for, er, security reasons

Haven't invested in those special night vision cameras yet EO?
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              I know exactly where that is.....

Ok area in the day, but, be rather wary in the evenings!

It is a poor mans Wilmslow.

Doesn't mean the people are any worse, people in W,slow just don't pay their bills that's all.

Comment

why not rent an apartment and have the contract match your work contract in length and notice period?

that way you can cook/eat at home rather than always eat out, no need to lug clothes back and forth, no annoying b&b owner, if it's a long contract I also move in the playstation 3, far more civilised.

in munich (def not the cheapest place to rent), a modern fully furnished place around 70sqm with all mod cons including internet in a v nice area of town costs 1100EUR a month which works out at around £30 a day.
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  why not rent an apartment and have the contract match your work contract in length and notice period?
                  Because to "protect tenants" (yeah, right) all tenancy agreements in the UK are 6 months minimum.

Getting a shorter rental agreement means either renting a serviced apartment (horribly expensive) or a "professional rental" (horribly expensive).
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    Because to "protect tenants" (yeah, right) all tenancy agreements in the UK are 6 months minimum.

Getting a shorter rental agreement means either renting a serviced apartment (horribly expensive) or a "professional rental" (horribly expensive).
                    ahh yes, I forgot that bit.. ho hum
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

that way you can cook/eat at home rather than always eat out, no need to lug clothes back and forth, no annoying b&b owner, if it's a long contract I also move in the playstation 3, far more civilised.

in munich (def not the cheapest place to rent), a modern fully furnished place around 70sqm with all mod cons including internet in a v nice area of town costs 1100EUR a month which works out at around £30 a day.
                      Assuming you were staying 7 days a week at the B&B (no idea why if you have a base elsewhere) Then that would be a saving of £600/month. You could get a HD TV and a playstation 3 with that. Alternatively do as another suggested, pay off your mortgage = less interest payments + early retirement + more fun + less work. If you were only staying at the place for 4 days a week then you would saving quite a bit more.

Comment

Working...
                      X