• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "B & B Special Contractor Nightly Rate - £18/night - South Manchester/Cheshire area"

Collapse

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    When he's not in Leeds, yes.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Isn't Wilmslow in Cheshire?
    When he's not in Leeds, yes.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Isn't Wilmslow in Cheshire?

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    A B & B is offering special rates for anybody wishing to stay 3 or more days a week. Their cheapest online rate is currently £25 on laterooms but are offering this special rate through myself and a few others.

If you are interested please get in touch with me directly.

Airport pickup/drop off can be arranged.

Thanks
    Better not tell the wife, she'll have me booted outta the house and in there in no time.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Assuming you were staying 7 days a week at the B&B (no idea why if you have a base elsewhere) Then that would be a saving of £600/month. You could get a HD TV and a playstation 3 with that. Alternatively do as another suggested, pay off your mortgage = less interest payments + early retirement + more fun + less work. If you were only staying at the place for 4 days a week then you would saving quite a bit more.
    Why not charge £40 per night and give £22 cash back?

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    2 rooms still available for long-term use.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    why not rent an apartment and have the contract match your work contract in length and notice period?

that way you can cook/eat at home rather than always eat out, no need to lug clothes back and forth, no annoying b&b owner, if it's a long contract I also move in the playstation 3, far more civilised.

in munich (def not the cheapest place to rent), a modern fully furnished place around 70sqm with all mod cons including internet in a v nice area of town costs 1100EUR a month which works out at around £30 a day.
    Assuming you were staying 7 days a week at the B&B (no idea why if you have a base elsewhere) Then that would be a saving of £600/month. You could get a HD TV and a playstation 3 with that. Alternatively do as another suggested, pay off your mortgage = less interest payments + early retirement + more fun + less work. If you were only staying at the place for 4 days a week then you would saving quite a bit more.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Because to "protect tenants" (yeah, right) all tenancy agreements in the UK are 6 months minimum.

Getting a shorter rental agreement means either renting a serviced apartment (horribly expensive) or a "professional rental" (horribly expensive).
    ahh yes, I forgot that bit.. ho hum

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    why not rent an apartment and have the contract match your work contract in length and notice period?
    Because to "protect tenants" (yeah, right) all tenancy agreements in the UK are 6 months minimum.

Getting a shorter rental agreement means either renting a serviced apartment (horribly expensive) or a "professional rental" (horribly expensive).

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied

that way you can cook/eat at home rather than always eat out, no need to lug clothes back and forth, no annoying b&b owner, if it's a long contract I also move in the playstation 3, far more civilised.

in munich (def not the cheapest place to rent), a modern fully furnished place around 70sqm with all mod cons including internet in a v nice area of town costs 1100EUR a month which works out at around £30 a day.

Leave a comment:

• stillooking
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    I know exactly where that is.....

Ok area in the day, but, be rather wary in the evenings!

It is a poor mans Wilmslow.

Doesn't mean the people are any worse, people in W,slow just don't pay their bills that's all.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    You can stay at mine for £17

ladies only, and you must leave the light on at all times. for, er, security reasons

Haven't invested in those special night vision cameras yet EO?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    You can stay at mine for £17

ladies only, and you must leave the light on at all times. for, er, security reasons

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    I know exactly where that is.....

Ok area in the day, but, be rather wary in the evenings!

There are a fair few takeaways and local cheap restuarants, so not a bad place all things considered.

Around 10 mins walk to 2 train stations serving Manchester / Crewe and the airport.

It is a poor mans Wilmslow.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Here is their website:

http://www.thehandforthlodge.co.uk/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X