• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cable thefts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Eh? There's fibre cabling buried all over the place.

Oh, and it's fibre, FFS, fibre. Not fiber.
    Yup, and in this context that's the standard spelling for "fibre" even in the US.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      Hopefully this will make the thieves take stock of their lives and perhaps realise that thieving is not for them - perhaps some sort of 'total internal reflection' is called for

yeah yeah I know its a crap geeky joke - I just couldn't help myself

Comment

They burgled Baby BP's nursery over the weekend. Second time in 3 months. Like the first time they got away with nothing. No-one pays for childcare by cash. Total muppets.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Which goes on to remind me of another plonker who tried to cut a cable in the Strand in Swansea with a hacksaw.
          I saw a hacksaw that'd been used to try and cut some three phase with the power on, nicely welded in.

The guy was nowhere to be found but the explosion ruptured an oil filled telecoms cable in the same trough and there was a Mr Bean style shadow on the doors of a metal casing, so he must have been splayed there for a good few seconds before someone helped him away...

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Lead thief:
            It is believed he was with another man who left the scene before police arrived.
            I'd love to think the "other man" knicked the first man's ladder: "Hello, who left this ladder here? I could do with a ladder..."

Lead thief:
            Detective Sergeant Brian Johnson said:

"We want to remind people not to take risks by going up on roofs in such terrible weather conditions and in the dark. Clearly by doing so they are risking serious injury"
            It's nice to know the Police are giving tips to the criminal fraternity.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
            X